Oregon Lyme Disease Network is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization developed to help raise awareness of Lyme Disease in the Northwest. We established in July 2001 .
All of our officers are volunteer staff. No salaries are paid and our volunteers are 100% volunteer staff.
Our organizational goals are
- Raise awareness of Lyme disease in Oregon, Washington and Idaho
- Increase ability for Lyme disease patients advocate for themselves, through education and access to resources.
- Ensure local physicians get up to date training and support through ILADS, LDA , Time For Lyme and CALDA.
- Create and train support group leaders and create avenues for meetings for support groups in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- Assist needy families in gaining testing and and if necessary , treatment for children suffering from presumed Lyme disease.
- Collect and maintain data regarding Lyme disease,Lyme carrying vectors in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
- Creation of a safe environment for physicians to treat using multiple treatment guideline options.
Oregon Lyme Disease Network is a 501(c) 3non profit organization. All of our organization is 100% volunteer, from our president/ceo, to our support leaders and to all the wonderful other volunteers. We can always use more help, either helping with a fundraiser, helping fill in for support leaders, handing out information at Saturday markets, or just being there for someone who may be experiencing the same pain, fears, concerns as you have gone through. If you would like to volunteer, Please let us know.
To date we have set up support groups, both online, and Face 2 Face to help patients navigate through the system in hopes to achieve better health. Please see our "support group pages" for meeting times and contact information.